When a child has reached the age of two and is still dependent on diapers then potty training becomes a priority.
It is important for children’s development that they can achieve a sense of independence and start taking responsibility for their actions.
How long does it take to potty train?
Potty training duration will depend on the child. Some children can pick it up in few days and some may take up to a few months. There are many methods to potty train a child. Just be sure the method you choose is the right one.
Before you begin to actually train your child, get them used to the idea with training pants, hand washing and sitting on the potty. Once the baby stops using diapers then you should not go back to using them.
Potty Train in Sessions:
Potty training book may be an easy way to help your child learn quickly. You have to train your child in the morning and afternoon for a few hours at home. Let them eat; drink and play as normal but every few minutes put them on the potty.
How to potty train a 2 year-old boy
Boys without a male role model to imitate in the bathroom may take a little longer to get the idea. Girls have the advantage of observing someone with the same equipment.
Boys sometimes need time than girls, they learn to pee and poop sitting down, and then they have to master part of the act while standing up. When buying a potty chair for your boy, then look for one without a urine guard. Since bowel movements and urine tend to come out all at the same time.
Methods for potty training:
- Try potty training during the summer when it will be warmer and more comfortable for your 2-year-old baby.
- When it is time to sit on the potty, don’t ask your baby if they want to go potty. Just take them to the potty and sit him on it.
- After sitting on the potty, set a timer for 30 minutes if they didn’t potty.
- Drink lots of fluids.
- Wear underwear and clothes that are easy to get on and off. Many of them will potty train their kids with no pants at all just so that they can focus on the potty and not the clothes.
- Help them relax on the potty. Let them continue to wear a diaper to bed for a while or on long outings.
Potty training tips:
Potty training is one of the major parts of early childhood. Different children are ready at different ages and the timing has nothing to do with their intelligence and personality.
Your baby should have at least some of these skills before starting potty training or you both will become frustrated. Here are some steps that can help your child maximize their success.
Read for more great and helpful ideas on how to potty train your 2-year old baby. Use this information about helping potty train 2-year- old kids.